This page outlines the various material I have contributed to other outlets, online, in print, or otherwise.
Paid writing (in print unless otherwise noted):
- Ponder Christian Soldiers blog series (Curator, Editor), Christianity Today (Winter, 2015)
- “Advice for Seminary Professors,” Faith and Leadership blog (June, 2015)
- “How to Treat Veterans in your Church,” Christianity Today (Nov. 2012, online)
- “Wrestling with Demons,” Sojourners (Feb. 2011)
- Resources about Selective Conscientious Objection accompanying the magazine article
- “The Right to Refuse to Bear Arms,” Sojourners, (Dec. 2010)
- For some reason, this is also for sale on Amazon…
- “The State and the Union,” Sojourners (Jun. 2009)
- STREK Magazine (Norway) has approached me to write a few print articles covering the intersection of faith and military service. They translated the articles themselves and provided me with images of the final product, which I must say looks quite wonderful. You can check them out here and here.
Donated writing (mostly online):
- My most-read blog (ever), “Holy Fuck: A Good Friday Homily Left Without Deliverance,” was given typographical treatment in Joshua Terry’s senior thesis Point Man.
- A version of “The War Cry” appears in LT Zachary Moon’s Coming Home (Chalice Press, 2015).
- My personal testimony was printed in Shane Claiborne and Ben Cohen’s Jesus, Bombs, & Ice Cream (Zondervan, 2012).
- Journals and other writing of mine appears in Greg Barrett’s The Gospel of Rutba (Orbis, 2012).
- My contributions to Sojourners‘ “God’s Politics” blog were originally published as either Mehl-Laituri or Laituri, but they have updated my biography to Isaac.
- The Christian Century has four blogs/articles I contributed, which I’ve outlined here.
- RELEVANT Magazine has a few things of mine, as well as some articles about me. I explain the entires here.
- Huffington Post mostly has stuff on their Religion section, but at least one on their College section. You can see how it breaks down here.