It was a thrill to be interviewed recently by host Brittany Wilmes, of the National Catholic Reporter. Here is the full recording;
More context and resources from the show;
- I mentioned Desmond Doss, a conscientious objector whose story is told in “Hacksaw Ridge,” reviewed here by Sr. Rose Pacatte.
- The National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri is worth a visit. When you cross the glass bridge into the museum, look down for the field of red poppies.
- At the United Nations in New York, #ChristianSoldier St. George defeats a dragon made of military weapons.
- Jack Gilroy’s organization Friends of Franz and Ben honors Catholic conscientious objectors and #ChristianSoldiers Franz Jägerstätter and Ben Salmon
- Coming soon to a theater near you: “Radegund,” a film about the life of Franz Jagerstatter by Terrence Malick!
- Jack read this litany during the prayer service.